Pages

Friday 11 January 2013

Fixing Slow Camera Animations in Unity

After importing one of any number of complex 3ds Max models as FBX files into my Unity scene and animating a single Unity camera, I found the camera's movement was extremely slow at anywhere from 0.3-3 FPS. The model was a static room and all I wanted animated was the camera itself. Everything was normal speed in the little Camera Preview box but on both playback on my laptop (which is medium-high spec) and on my Android it was extremely slow.

What I found happening was that after importing, say TestObject.fbx, then Unity was automatically enabling the Animator for the TestObject in my scene. Simply select TestObject in your Hierarchy panel in Unity and uncheck the Animator section found in the Inspector panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment